Translate

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Somebody Please Tell Me Who I Am

This past month I had the pleasure of reading the book Somebody Please Tell Me Who I Am, written by Harry Mazer and Peter Lerangis. The book seems as if it be old being published in February of 2007, but it was new to me and I could not wait to get started. Mazer and Lerangis are known for writing very realistic novels so once the cover caught my eye and I saw who had written it, that was a wrap. The book took me less than a month to read; lets just say with my busy schedule that is fast, I could not put it down. The book is focused around the tragedy of Ben Bright, a senior graduating and at last minute deciding to tell his girlfriend and family he was joining the army. Ben had it all, the good grades, well rounded family, good looks, talent and the beautiful girlfriend, Ariela. He felt it was his destiny to join the army and he would let his family know in a letter. Everyone supported Ben and his decision except Ariela was worried he would not return to her. So being the wonderful boy he is, Ben asked Ariela to marry him when he returns right before he hops on the train. He was doing well and making a lot of friends until tragedy struck and Ben along with his fellow men drove over a bomb in their tank and Ben was seriously injured. Due to the explosion he was sent home to receive medical attention immediately. He would suffer a few months in a coma and when he finally woke he had trouble doing every day activities/tasks. The most perfect boy living the high life is suddenly suffering and is being challenged by things that came natural to him. By that short little summary you can clearly see why this was such a great book. It seemed so real I could easily relate to my life or someone else's.The emotions were constantly changing and you had to keep reading in order to keep up and understand. The authors also used a smart writing technique; foreshadowing. Throughout the entire book it was switching from Ben in present and past times and when the chapters would end, I would catch myself going wait what?! what just happened?! whats gonna happen next?! ahh i gotta keep reading !!! Over all it was an outstanding book that I would recommend in all readers.. GO READ IT PLEASE !

No comments:

Post a Comment